Summer means one thing – pool parties. A fantastic combo of warm weather, water, the perfect excuse to wear a swimsuit with heels and a great opportunity to get your flirt on while looking unapologetically hot.
If you’re planning on throwing a pool party this year, you’ll want it to be the best of the season. We have tips to make your splash bash the sexiest and most epic party of the summer.
- Fun friends only – others need not apply. Think through your regular crew. Every person brings their own finesse to a party. If one person always lights up the room, and another makes killer bean dip, you’ve got two things covered. Be sure to include a good mix of guys and girls, singles and couples — you don’t want anyone to feel left out and you want everyone to have fun (and someone to mingle with).
2. More Decor. If you want your party to have a theme it’s time to go all out. Pick up fake flowers and tiki torches for a Hawaiian hula, or mini-umbrellas and kiddie shovels and pails for a beach theme. Pair your decor with an adult-sized floatie, because what are pool parties anymore without those amazing floats?
3. Liquid Love (and food). Eats and bevs are crazy important for your summer soiree. While you can (and totally should) put BYOB on your invites, you should also plan a super fun signature drink. Make it something bright and colorful and pick up clear plastic cups to show it off. Ask a few of your girls to bring apps and consider making something unique like boozy popsicles with frozen fruit.
4. Show off your bod. As the hostess you need swimwear that shows that you have the mostest. You can wear the hell out of this Celestial bikini for a look that’s out of this world. It will shine like the star that you are while you’re shaking it poolside. If you’re rocking the one-piece look this year, then you need this Criss Cross Coastal Beauty suit. And give your guests a tease pre-pool dip in this Daisy Crochet Cover Up that gives your curves their chance to shine.
5. Crank it up. To get the party started you need a good playlist and you need it loud. This all really depends on the kind of music you’re into. Put whoever is the music guru of your group in charge. And if you don’t have the speakers to get people dancing, borrow or rent them. After all, a pool party’s not a pool party unless people are getting wild.
Make this your best summer ever and throw a crazy party while looking your best. For ideas to send your girls so you can all look ah-mazing, check out the rest of our brand new swimwear collection.